POPEYE magazine is the “Magazine for City Boys”. Its founders printed this on the cover of the magazine when it debuted in 1976. What’s a “city boy”? The term doesn’t appear in the dictionary and no expert panel could define it. So they felt they should explore every aspect of what this “city boy” might be. After decades of debate, it still makes for a topic of lively discussion. It can be a style or a way of thinking. To get an idea of what makes a city boy, read POPEYE magazine.
Sold individually. Released monthly. Japanese-language, with regular features such as men's casual fashion, food, culture, travel, design, and the arts.
2021 Back Issues:
- July - No. 891 - "Summer Classics"
- June - No. 890 - "Enjoy Cooking"
- May - No. 889 - "Tokyo Guide for Everyday Life"
- April - No. 888 - "What brand are you wearing?"
- March - No. 887 - "City Boy's Habitats"
- February - No. 886 - "Style Sample 2021"
- January - No. 885 - "Girlfriend"