As a generations-old Japanese tea shop, Ippodo has become an authority on Japanese green tea and especially matcha. Their Matcha Starter Kit brings that knowledge home, from how to prepare the perfect cup to the best way to care for your utensils.
Whether you’re a beginner or an enthusiast, this kit has everything you need to make a delicious cup every time- just add hot water.
- An 80-tip bamboo whisk (chasen) that is easy for beginners to use
- A bamboo tea ladle (chashaku) that makes scooping matcha powder easy
- A simple tea bowl (chawan)
- A matcha with just the right balance of sweetness and sharpness
- Bilingual Englis-Japanese instructions with easy-to-understand illustrations showing how to make matcha and use the utensils
The Matcha Starter Kit is designed to have the feel of a present: the box is adorned with illustrations of matcha and its utensils in light green lines, with a big green ribbon wrapped around the inner lid.
Box measures 7.6" wide x 5" high
Ippodo Tea is a family-run Japanese tea company founded in 1717 in the heart of Kyoto. For generations, they have upheld a tradition of aromatic, well-balanced teas by carefully selecting, blending, and crafting each of their 40+ blends.