WORK AT OMOI
Weekend Retail Associate
Omoi Zakka Shop has two stationery & lifestyle stores located in downtown Philadelphia. Driven by thoughtful design, affordability, and a good sense of humor, we select items that we like, use, and believe in. Omoi Zakka Shop is a nod to the many amazing Japanese boutiques with evocative foreign names, which planted the seeds of inspiration that led to our existence. Our name means thoughtful, useful sundry goods.
What we’re looking for:
A sales associate to work Saturdays at our Old City location in downtown Philadelphia. 1 – 2 years of previous customer service experience preferred. Since 2006 we have provided our customer base with lifestyle accessories, thoughtfully designed housewares, cult favorite stationery goods, and hand-picked books. We are a destination boutique serving long-time loyal customers, neighborhood regulars, international tourists, and seekers of unique gifts not found elsewhere. We strive to provide enjoyable and memorable shopping experiences for everyone who walks through our door.
- Creates a positive first impression with our customers
- Exhibits an authentic and friendly approach to initiating conversation
- Implements storytelling to inspire customers to enjoy Omoi's products in the context of our company vision, philosophy, and history
- Possesses agility to deal with diverse customers in a calm and thoughtful manner
- Is knowledgeable about Omoi products and able to discern differences between like items (e.g. stationery sizes, paper types, pen styles, etc)
- Knows to ask co-workers when unsure about a given task or unable to answer customer questions
- Accepts and takes initiative to complete daily routines, including housekeeping, product presentation (e.g. displaying & restocking), opening/closing procedures, and maintains security of physical inventory
- Has active awareness of product tagging and inventory process
- Understands different transaction types within our POS system and ensures 100% accuracy in all tender types, including cash and charge transactions—demonstrates strong data integrity
- Maintain a clean and safe overall appearance and organization of the sales floor and backstock areas, pricing, order processing, restocking and light cleaning
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, reach, and grasp up to 30 lbs of incoming shipments and merchandise throughout the day
- Daily shop activities, including gift wrapping, processing of shipments, merchandising product, and online order fulfillments
- Visual acuity to determine the color, accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
How to Apply:
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Weekend Associate & Your Name. Let us know a little about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for a position with us.
Due to our own capacity, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.